Senior Server Side Java Developer
w/ XML, Messaging & Database
Large Financial Company NYC
Looking for Senior, non-manager, with 10+ yrs experience.
140/150K base +bonus.
The ideal candidate would possess 5+ years hands on experience with XML message processing systems implemented in java. Technical skills must include superior server-side programming capabilities in Java, XML processing, a deep understanding of message processing and transaction management, and strong database programming skills. Prior experience with Sybase or DB2 necessary. Experience with Tibco or MQ messaging platforms necessary. Experience with perl and shell scripts necessary.
Integrity & ownership, good team player, ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints, ability to find simple and effective solutions, high degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.
• Prior experience with FpML or FIXML.
• Experience with Informatica or other ETL tools.
• Experience building web applications.
• Exposure to financial products and risk management.
• Exposure to counterparty risk, margining, collateral or confirmation systems.