Position Title: QA Analyst
Financial Firm / NYC If qualified AND AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK, email resume to QuantRec @gmail.com 110-125K base +bonus
NO OUTSOURCED SOLUTIONS, CONSULTANTS FOR THESE.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential...
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2009 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years). Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Person will interact regularly and directly with business users and take part in the requirements gathering.
The QA Analyst must also be very technical with intermediate level or better coding skills in SQL and ability to work in both Windows and UNIX environment. Strong preference for BS in Computer Science and other technical skills below in full description.
Financial industry experience would be preferred, but not required. General Finance experience from other industries also desirable.
Looking for team member level person who will take on certain project leadership responsibilities, ideally with 8+ yrs of professional experience.
• Design & build test harnesses
• Design & execute frontend & backend test cases
• Implement QA process and testing automation projects to improve the overall testing cycle
• Participate in the development and support of the testing program aimed at supporting multiple testing efforts simultaneously
• Be a part of an ongoing effort to bring new testing knowledge into the team
• Assist with test strategy articulation, planning, and management of individual testing events
• Utilize appropriate testing tools
• Identify testable events and develop the test cases / test scripts
• Identify and capture test data to support the test cases defined by the testing team
• Leverage the testing process and test tool kit to create re-useable test assets
• Act as one of the team representatives to IT and user groups within relevant test phases
• Provide regular contributions to the test management reporting pack
• Understand the business risk and implications of introducing new software or hardware into the production environment
Must Have Skills:
• Diploma (BSc) preferably in IT or Business with strong IT background
• 3-5 years of QA / Testing experience in large cross platform testing programs preferably in backend testing
• Experience testing UNIX/Linux , & Windows OS environment applications
• Testing/Working experience with financial industry and trading systems with product such as Fixed Income, Equity, Funding, Revenue, etc.
• Very strong database experience in SQL, Sybase/Oracle, DB2
• Frontend Testing experience
• Experience working directly with BA and Developers for requirements gathering and writing test requirement directly from business/IT requirements
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience using Mercury Products like Quality Center, and/or Test Director
• UNIX shell scripting and/or Perl programming
• Experience building back-end automated test harnesses especially on DB level
• Experience working with offshore teams
• Some team leadership experience
• Strong team and task management skills
• Experience Testing Mainframe, C#, .NET, Informatica/ETL applications
• Experience using Quick Test Pro