Senior Data Modeler
Large Financial Company/ NYC
VP Level, 10+ yrs experience
130-150K base +bonus, Email resume QuantRec @gmail.com IF QUALIFIED & AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK.
NO OUTSOURCED SOLUTIONS, CONSULTANTS FOR THESE.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential...
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2009 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years). Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Key is, person must be able to design and tune a data model for high volume trading system in a complex XML, messaging environment. Person must be expert level, capable of taking on full ownership of project of the develpoment and integration of this system while leading small team.
Trades and Position Storage team is designing and implementing renovated Sales and Trading Database that captures complete life cycle events and trade facts across several asset classes. The position is for a senior level (Vice President) Data Integration architect and delivery lead who will work with several sales and trading applications to change /enhance/ map the trade flow to the new database model. This role will give the unique opportunity to work horizontally across trading systems and understand the trade message flow through various components in Trade Capture plant. This will require understanding complexities of a very high volume / high performance trade capture systems that will include business analysis, message analysis, database analysis, development and implementation of infrastructure to support that.
Major Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Work with the team to understand and implement the new data model.
• Work with upstream systems to analyze, coordinate and implement the message model and changes needed to capture trade data into the new data model.
• Designing / enhancing the metadata model to allow various processes to write to databases from messages and object byte-streams.
• Define and lead the metadata effort to map different messages to object model and to physical model providing one stop shop data dictionary.
• Design and develop infrastructure and innovative tools to make this major enterprise level change possible.
• Manage/ lead a team of junior resources who will work together with the candidate to help him/her achieve the desired migration and reconcile the legacy database(s) with the renovated data model.
The position requires 5 – 10 years of expert level hands on experience on
UNIX / Linux, Perl, Messaging services, XML, XSLT, Database (DB2 and Sybase) SQL development and tuning, regular expressions and good understanding of application development and flow based architectures.
Mid level experience in data mining and development skills using Java or C++.
Good understanding of client-server applications and distributed systems and must have “whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude.
Financial Industry experience, Very good communication skills, good project management skills, Knowledge of version controlling systems like perforce is a plus.