Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential... If QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK, email resume QuantRec @gmail.com
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2010 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years).
**CANDIDATE SENDING IN ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AS MENTIONED ABOVE SHALL BE PLACED SOONER THAN THOSE SENDING A GENERIC RESPONSE WITH ONLY A RESUME**
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Our client engages in global electronic trading across the majority of exchanges and asset classes. Many of these trades are races, and the fastest system wins. These computations are some of the most demanding performance challenges in any industry and this firm is willing to use any technologies that will give them an edge. If you have a background in performance tuning of distributed applications and want the chance to compete against some of the best systems in the world, we’d like to talk to you.
· Design and develop high frequency low latency trading strategies and systems
· Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle with a focus on problem definition and decomposition, robust solutions definition, and systems and software architecture
· Develop software applications by defining, constructing and delivering complex software systems that address business needs. Solve business problems by enhancing and extending front, middle and back office business capabilities of the firm by providing innovative, advanced, stable systems
· Responsible for design and implementation of software solutions that satisfy complex business requirements focusing on system integration, configurability, manageability, stability, scalability and performance
· Design and develop high frequency low latency trading strategies and systems in C++
· Optimize C++/Linux applications
· Architect new procedures and practices in an autonomous fashion
· Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
· Bachelor's degree in a technical or related discipline with a minimum of two years of experience designing and developing applications using object oriented programming in a heterogeneous tech environment using C++ on Linux. Experience may substitute for education.
· Ability to provide hands-on functional and technical expertise in the analysis, design, development and implementation of business processes and applications
· Candidate should be an expert C++/Linux developer (tools, design, implementation, profiling, OO, generic programming, STL, boost, sockets, threads, IPC)
· Design of serialization formats, event loops, and inter-process communication for high performance distributed systems is required
· Ability to locate and optimize performance bottlenecks in distributed systems is required
· Demonstrated track record of delivering distributed applications that meet demanding performance and stability goals
· Strong teaming and communication skills are necessary as the developer will engage and collaborate with cross-functional technical teams in an iterative development process
· Demonstrated success interfacing with business partners (technical or business) to make critical technical design decisions and provide business partners with appropriate technical insight to make sound decisions is required
· Design and development experience in high frequency, low latency trading strategies and systems is a plus, but not required
Salary is open for the right individuals. You must possess excellent academic credentials, a willingness to learn, and passion for creating technology solutions.