FEEL FREE TO CALL NOW IF QUALIFIED TO SPEC BELOW.
NO SPAM, NO OUTSOURCED/ CONSULTANTS, NO THIRD PARTIES,
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE USA.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential...
Please BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2009 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3). Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Feel free to call 24/7 if you are QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR US WORK for this role or any others listed on http://www.QuantRec.com
Client wants someone w/ PhD and understanding of database development theory, pls see spec below. Person must have done cutting edge research work in PhD program and then applied that knowledge in real world. They must also have C++.
Client is interested in getting either PhD grad with a few years of experience or someone with 10+ years of relevant industry experience and would rather hire someone from outside the financial industry who has stronger computer science fundamentals and stronger interest in technology.
This senior software developer position within the firms core Trading IT team will have responsibilities for design and development of a database which will hold many types of business data ranging from trades to documents. The Database will be used by a variety of applications in many areas of the firm, and will employ cutting edge database technologies.
The applicant must have a very good command of Computer Science and should have very solid development skills with large systems experience. The role will include
1. Development of various algorithms, performance tuning and production deployment,
2. Design and development of client libraries (e.g. database interaction libraries) ,
3. Performance tuning and support of developed infra-structure
1. Solid implementation skills and experience in C++ with a wide variety of projects
2. Experience building concurrent (multi-threaded) systems and libraries
3. Experience building communication libraries with many variants (very low latency, point to point [e.g. tcp], message oriented, multicast)
4. Experience with using with databases (SQL, relational algebra)
5. Full familiarity and experience with software engineering design patterns
6. Experience with deploying/tuning software on Linux,
7. Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
Experience with tuning-up OS kernel is a plus