Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential... If QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK, email resume QuantRec @gmail.com
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2009 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years).
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Will hire on temp to perm basis or full time employee.
Top tier firm expecting to be competitive so compensation is open - looking for senior person with 8+ years of experience.
Notes to recruiters:
1) Position is for a front end developer/ UI Architect with either Flex or Silverlight / WPF. Note, there is slight preference for Flex but front end design developer with skills in styling Silverlight and WPF desktop apps - especially skins/themes/css/xaml is a good substitute.
2) Will work on team with Visual Designers and Useability Engineers who will handle their responsibilities and this person will be primarily responsible for coding. That said, this position is for senior level UI Developer and they should be able to contribute to the visual design and human factors.
3) Person will be one of two FLEX/Silverlight developers in a team of roughly 20 including all developers, UX engineers and graphic artists.
4) This UI Development team serves all businesses within the firm which translates to dozens of different businesses/clients/projects thus there will be a lot of variety of work.
5) Financial Services experience NOT required.
6) Position is for someone who is hard core Flex Coder, they are using Flex version 3 and in process of moving to vs 4. The position does NOT require Java (which is typically asked by Flex developers).
7) Person MUST have experience developing large, complex UI's with many (ideally tens or hundreds) of screens, lots of data which dynamically updates the applications and user when entered (as opposed to just being a data store).
8) Person must have application framework experience, not just be coder. Must know best practices in software development, eg: developing highly reusable code.
9) Incidentals: Must have experience with style sheets and skin.
Join an internal user experience consultancy, working on highly interactive applications for a leading Financial Services company. This is not a code monkey job, we’re looking for tech leadership.
Advise clients on technology strategy
Collaboratively design the application
Develop AJAX, FLEX, Silverlight/WPF and Windows Presentation framework interfaces
Maintain a UI component library
Passion about good design
Experience with complex application design
Completely comfortable with AJAX technologies, particularly EXT & Prototype
Top notch Flex skills: AS3, Lightstreamer, etc
Knowledge or willingness to learn Windows Presentation Framework (for desktop applications)
Minimum 3 years of experience working as a front end developer
Code & designs to show us
Would be great if you had…
Experience with interactive agency
Financial Services industry experience
Good documentation skills