Candidate invites of all types welcome. Send to email listed, and there may be positions for you in the near future, broaden and expand your contacts!
If qualified, email resume to QuantRec @gmail.com Candidates meeting the description below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Please BE SURE TO include your salary requirements, location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa.
Company is looking for an experienced QA Analyst who has the experience and maturity to take full ownership of their own work. Person will interact regularly and directly with business users and take part in the requirements gathering.
The QA Analyst must also be very technical with intermediate level or better coding skills in SQL and ability to work in both Windows and UNIX environment. Strong preference for BS in Computer Science and other technical skills below in full description.
Financial industry experience would be preferred, but not required. General Finance experience from other industries also desirable.
Looking for team member level person who will take on certain project leadership responsibilities, ideally with 8+ yrs of professional experience.
Must Have Skills:
• Diploma (BSc) preferably in IT or Business with strong IT background
• 3-5 years of QA / Testing experience in large cross platform testing programs preferably in backend testing
• Experience testing UNIX/Linux , & Windows OS environment applications
• Testing/Working experience with financial industry and trading systems with product such as Fixed Income, Equity, Funding, Revenue, etc.
• Very strong database experience in SQL, Sybase/Oracle, DB2
• Frontend Testing experience
• Experience working directly with BA and Developers for requirements gathering and writing test requirement directly from business/IT requirements
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience using Mercury Products like Quality Center, and/or Test Director
• UNIX shell scripting and/or Perl programming
• Experience building back-end automated test harnesses especially on DB level
• Experience working with offshore teams
• Some team leadership experience
• Strong team and task management skills
• Experience Testing Mainframe, C#, .NET, Informatica/ETL applications
• Experience using Quick Test Pro