NO SPAM, NO OUTSOURCED/ CONSULTANTS, NO THIRD PARTIES,
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE USA.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential...
Please BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2009 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3). Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Feel free to call 24/7 if you are QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR US WORK for this role or any others listed on http://www.QuantRec.com
Business Analyst w/ Trading Sys Exp
Large Financial Company/NYC
100-125K base +bonus
Note: These are associate level hires. BA's must have experience with "the models required for the representation and storage of trades" Otherwise not a fit. Group wants to hire 2 BA's.
The Bank is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. TheTechnology division provides technology solutions to the Institutional Securities Group. Within the Technology division, the Trade Routing Application (TRA) practice area builds and supports the global infrastructure that sits between the front-office equity electronic trading applications and downstream applications which include trade enrichment, allocation, risk, reporting and flow monitoring.
TRA is looking for a business analyst to join its global business analysis team. The ideal candidate will have broad experience of business analysis for transactional systems across multiple asset classes such as Cash Equity, Listed Derivatives, and Exotic/OTC Derivatives.
The role involves working with people from across the ISG organization from front office developers to operations, sales and trading and financial controllers on the representation of trades within our systems. This covers the development of new models for new flow, and the maintenance of existing models. The development of a model also involves working on the messaging standards and how the messages are persisted. In addition to this, the role also encompasses the development of strict rules-based data contracts derived from multiple stakeholder requirements, root cause analysis of the violations of those rules, and tenacious co-ordination with the system owners and developers of the violating systems to rectify problems.
• Experience with the models required for the representation and storage of trades
• Specification/requirements gathering
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills to document and explain models to and between multiple stakeholders
• Influencing and relationship building across global teams
• Able to influence external teams to conform to, or enhance, the model, and determine appropriate solutions
• Logical data modelling using ER diagramming
• Coordination/Project Management skills
Nice to Have:
• Experience with the FIX messaging protocol
• Database development/administration/reporting experience (preferrably DB2 or Sybase)
• Command line Linux/Unix scripting experience in Perl
• Experience of data translation technologies (such as metadata driven translation or commercial ETL tools) and dealing with associated data quality issues is desirable.
• Good understanding of XML