Java Swing Developer (NYC Area) Mid level - 130k+ (NYC Area/NJ)
Candidate invites of all types welcome. Send to email listed and there may be positions for you in the near future, broaden and expand your contacts!
If qualified, email resume to neil @oceania-inc.com or fax to 206-888-6897. Candidates meeting the description below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Please include your salary requirements, location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Green card or US Citizen ONLY for these roles.
Also if you have somebody appropriate to refer, finder's fees are possible.
The candidate will also enhance and support the existing applications within the GSS team and must have at least 10 years of Core Java development experience in JDBC, Swing GUI, and multi-threading.
Minimum 5 years of Core Java development experience (especially JDBC, Swing GUI, and multi-threading).
* Application Server development skill is a must, preferably with WebLogic.
* Unix shell scripting skill is a must, preferably on Redhat Linux.
* DBMS development skill, such as writing DDL and DML, is a plus.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science is a must.
* Masters degree in Computer Science is a plus.
* Knowledge of equity markets is necessary and domestic self-clearing is a big plus.
* Highly motivated individual who works well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and strong communication skills.