Sr. DBA (NY)/Infrastructure architect
Candidate invites of all types welcome. Send to email listed and there may be positions for you in the near future, broaden and expand your contacts!
If qualified, email resume to neil @oceania-inc.com or fax to . Candidates meeting the description below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Please BE SURE TO include your salary requirements, location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Green card or US Citizen ONLY for these roles.
Also if you have somebody appropriate to refer, finder's fees are possible.
Position is for a senior database application DBA/Infrastructure architect on the Trades and Positions Storage team. The team is tasked with producing business critical transactional database systems as well as large Data Warehouses/Data Marts to meet scalability, stability and performance requirements for Trade Capture and Lifecycle Management applications within Institutional Sales & Trading.
Work will include designing, enhancing and developing databases across different database environments. The job will involve considering all aspects of the project life cycle and includes proof-of-concept evaluations, coding, designing, testing, implementing, deploying, and continued support of project releases as well as on-call Level 2 support. Collaboration with the Firm’s engineering teams is expected for storage/communication solutions.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
1. Database Infrastructure Engineering for stability and scalability, capacity planning
2. Application DBA functions: plan & execute database schema changes, bottlenecks analysis, outage prevention/resolution, server/database performance improvements, database maintenance, database recovery
3. Database development (stored procedures, ETL, tools) and queries/stored procedures review and optimization
4. Enforce database security, standards & guidelines
The candidate will have the ability to propose/review innovative solutions and implement them in production to achieve significant improvements. They will be an expert in performance optimization on server, database, query, data structures and data flow levels, with advanced database architecture knowledge and hand’s on expertise in OLTP and Data Warehouse design, Federated database systems. They will have excellent Database Administration skills including in depth knowledge of new and existing features to provide effective solutions for critical systems. They will act as a leader in outage resolutions and multi-team global turnovers. They will be the escalation point for major issues.
• At least 5 years experience in DB2 Linux relational database work, must have exceptional hands-on application DBA skills.
• DB2 Linux version 8 and above (SQL, Temp tables, plan explains, MQTs, MDCs, Partitioning, Local indexes, referential integrity constraints, etc)
• The candidate must be familiar Erwin or some similar modeling tool
• The candidate must be familiar with scripting language such as Perl and Unix / K-Shell .
• The candidate must have strong knowledge base of relational database performance and tuning such as: proper use of indices, database statistics/reorgs, de-normalization concepts, …
Integrity & ownership, good team player, ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints, ability to find simple and effective solutions, high degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.
http://www.QuantRec.com DAILY Updated Finance & Technology Roles